About us
srpski magyar english deutsch 02/25/2018,  

The history of our school

The present day territory of the region of Vojvodina had been a vast land during the Ottoman Empire. It was re-populated in 1720 which was not very successful at the beginning.

In 1785, 211 families arrived from Kunhegyes and Tiszabura from the Nagykunság region of Hungary to Feketity-plain. They named their new village Feketehegy.

From the church recordings it is obvious that the education of the children started in the very same year of their settlement. The school was established within the Reformed Church and had one classroom and one teacher. Thus, the education in Feketics started in 1785. The Hungarian education belonged to the Reformed Church starting from its establishment until the end of World War I (actually until November 1920).

The two teacher’s receipts of payment from 1791 prove that there were separate schools (classes) for boys and girls.

In 1805 the education was for 4 years and there were two teachers in the boys’ school and one teacher in the girls’ school. This system remained unchanged for the following 65 years.

As years passed by there were more and more children. The school building erected in the year of settlement became small and dilapidated, and history also left its mark on the buildings (during the Revolution and the Hungarian War of Independence in 1848/49 some buildings burnt down). Therefore, in the 19th century several schools (school buildings) were built.

After 1820 new inhabitants moved to the village belonging to the Evangelical church and German reformed church. Their education belonged to their respective churches.

At the end of the 19th century the children’s school age was 12 thus the primary education had six grades. There was need to enlarge the space for education.

Takacs iskola

The Takacs school in 1889 

From September 1913 the Reformed School in Feketic had 7 classrooms and 7 teachers. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th grades were mixed, while in the 1st, and the joint 5th-6th grades the boys and girls went to separate classes.  

World War I changed everything. November 25, 1918 is the date when the region of Vojvodina, and so the village of Feketic, was attached to a new state, the Slovenian-Croatian-Serbian Kingdom. The schools were nationalized. The language of education was Serbian, Hungarian and German.

World War II and its historical aftermaths made new changes in the life of the village. The Germans were deported and Montenegrins were settled instead of them. In 1948 there were two school boards – one for the lower grades and one for the higher ones. The obligatory primary education was for 7 years.

In 1952 a new rule was given. The two boards were joined and the new school of 8 grades took the name of Nikola Djurkovic, a hero from World War II. In 1953 the school had 23 classes, 15 in Hungarian and 8 in Serbian. The number of the pupils increased continuously and in the school year of 1960/61 there were about 1000 pupils. The kindergarten also belonged to the school as well as it had a class in Újfalu in the school year of 1962/63.

The education was carried out in five separate buildings which had been built at the end of the 19th century and at the beginning of the 20th century. The lack of space was a problem. After delays a new school building was being built thanks to the financial help of the villagers and the support of the regional authorities. The construction started on August 31, 1977 in the site of the first settlers’ burial ground.

The new school building opened its doors on September 1, 1979 and the official opening was on October 18.             Our modern school has an inner space of 3646 m2. The building is surrounded with a neat playground, a trimmed park, an open basketball field and a small football field. The education is in Hungarian and Serbian. We work in two shifts. The pupils with special needs are in separate classes.

We have 10 specialized classrooms, 6 laboratories, a well-equipped information technology classroom, libraries for teachers and pupils, offices, a kitchen with a dining-room and a huge hall for the ceremonies.

The school building has a modern gym that was inaugurated in 2003. It is also used by the members of the local community.

In the school year of 2006/07 we had 396 pupils and 38 teachers.

We are proud of the school’s rich cultural and sport manifestations. Our pupils are engaged in more than 10 after-school activities and they achieve exceptional results at various competitions.

We established a good relationship with two primary schools from Hungary, one is the Primary School of the Reformed Church from Kunhegyes and the another is the Gábor Áron Primary School from Kocsér.

Our biggest concern is the decreasing number of our pupils.

Our school on Facebook (old generations)

facebook

http://www.facebook.com/pages/OŠ-Nikola-Đurković-Feketić/178552772180147

Our Location


Change to bigger map
Events and Informations:

Recept.Of First-Form Pup.
Farewell ceremony
School's Day
Informatics
Easter
International Women's Day
Saint Sava
Students week
Ring system
Package distribution
Carnival
Visit in Cetinje
Guests from Kunhegyes
World AIDS day


Useful links:
Ministarstvo prosvete
Bacsfeketehegy
Osnovna škola Gabor Aron - Gábor Áron Általános Iskola
Kunhegyesi református általanos iskola
Facebook
genom

MySpace Web Counter
Discount motherboards
World Time:
Belgrade

Budapest

London

Berlin